Monday, February 18, 2008

Rules for a Turn-Around - (the Drucker Suggestions)

I'm reading "The Daily Drucker" for 2008. It is 365 days of various comments, suggestions and introspective things from the late Peter F.Drucker.

Here is what he says about Turn-Around efforts (I seem to be drawn to them)

1. Abandonment of the things that do not work, the things that have never worked, the things that have outlived their usefulness and their capacity to contribute.

2. Concentration on the things that do work, the things that produce results, the things that improve the organization's ability to perform.

3. Analysis of the half-successes, the half-failures.

Drucker, P. (2004) The Daily Drucker. New York: Harper Business.


I see these as pretty self evident. Unfortunately organizations seem to hang on to the battles of yesterday, the memories of the past and all the meetings and organizational structure that go with it!

I'll post more on this subject later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.