Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cover Bands Don't Change The World

I heard a great quote this week. I was listening to a new podcast and the content was about being creative and solving problems. The quote was mentioned in this context and really is true. I can't begin to tell you how I can relate. Going down the same path is comfortable for us but seldom gives an original view.

One of the best things I used to do before I started my MBA ( and it sucked up all my spare time) was just to reflect for 20 minutes in the early morning. I found as I skipped this time, new ideas were hard for me to come by.

I'm going to try and get started again this week just to regain my sanity during the next 24 weeks. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Well, Little Brother, while cover bands may not create the idea, SOME have some excellent twists on the original idea. After all, all those IPod users just started out downloading with MP3 players! I still don't have an answer to that question about tags that you asked me. Somehow, the new Blogger just made it happen! Nice work here - keep it up!

The Plastic Guy said...

Thanks. I guess I'll be listening to the 75,000 covers of "Freebird" until I go crazy.

Ellen said...

Harp? Penny whistle? How about some ELNo? I know someone who can play "Smoke on the Water" on her accordion . . .