Friday, January 12, 2007

Little Minutes

Ok so I'm waiting for one of my machines to restart so I'm using my "little minutes" to post before I dig into prep for a day of conference calls. Sometimes I enjoy then ( I'm a remote employee) and others ...not so much.

My mother ( a supreme multitasker) used to say "use your little minutes". I would not come to understand this until I was much older but it has paid off. It really means to have something to do in all those "little minutes" in between things like while you are on hold, while waiting in line at the store or your computer to reboot (apparently applies to windows users only).

I frequently juggle two computers, two phones and many tasks during the day ( I have a split role at the company doing sales and marketing both) so it definitely means a bunch of little minutes can add up.

I must admit it does feel like there is too much to juggle sometimes so you have to prioritize between urgent and important ( and nice to have but not either).

No comments: